Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Legal Sale of Souls

The intersection of Highways 49 and 61 is the mythological crossroads where Robert Johnson allegedly sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his musical skills.
When I was in the 2nd grade I did a bad thing. I dropped or spilled this guys lunch box. I am pretty sure it was an accident. The guy's name was Ricky Crissman. That was 30 years ago. I have no idea where on Earth this guy is. Anyway, I told him I wasn't the one who did the damage and he asked if I was telling the truth. I said I was. He told me to swear to it and if I was lying I would agree to go to Hell. I told him I wasn't lying. So at that time I guess I told the devil my soul was his.
Now the question is this: When am I legally responsible for my soul? How old to I have to be to actually offer it to the devil for his mischievious deeds and eternal damnation and hell fire. I was probably 7 years old at the time - is that a binding contract? Or am I still under God's comforting wing? -posted by Bob One

No comments: